For those tortilla lovers out there, I found this delicious recipe in my paleo comfort foods cookbook (chexk out their website for other goods!) and had to share it! It’s super easy and the tortillas actually hold their form!
1/4 cup coconut flour
8 large egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
- coconut oil
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, make sure there aren’t any remaining lumps. For thinner tortillas add 1-2 tsp water.
2. Preheat small skillet to medium heat. Place about 1 tsp coconut oil in pan to melt.
3. Pour about 3 tbspn of batter into Pam, tipping pan from side to side to get a thin tortilla.
4. Do not flip tortilla until you are sure the first side is golden brown. (wait for bubbles to appear).
5. Once golden brown, flip over and brown opposite side. Remove and repeat (adding in more coconut oil, batter, etc).
Serves: 8-10 medium sized tortillas.
Variations: can do cumin-spiced, chili
Spiced, or cinnamon nutmeg for seasonings.
Do ahead: make a day or two in advance, store in ziploc bag in fridge and reheat to serve.